- Over 10,000 Latin Vulgate and at least 9,300 other early versions.
- We have 24,000 manuscript copies of portions of the New Testament in existence today—Josh McDowell, Evidence That Demands a Verdict, p. 39.
- The implication is, Christianity is not a secret religion, reserved only for the insider who has somehow learned to jump through an endless set of religious hoops to discover the truth.
- All we believe is found in one book—the Bible.
- Scholars can also date the books of the New Testament quite accurately.
- Scholarship reveals that the books reporting Jesus' words and works were genuinely written within the lifetime of Jesus' friends and followers.
- In the last 150 years, this was affirmed further because earlier manuscripts of the Bible were found.
- Thus we have a better understanding of the original languages, so that modern translations are even more precise than ever.
|< Prev||Next >|